Sunday, February 20, 2011

Actually finished a project!

So I actually started and finished a project tonight!  I sewed the ribbons and elastics on to my new pointe shoes.  I decided to give this a try instead of paying the lovely people at Spell's $12 to do it for me and it actually worked and wasn't that hard!
Here's the before picture.

 And after....
Ta-da! Yay!

And for any of my dancer friend's out there here's a good tip.  Line the heel of your shoes with moleskin.  It's about $3 for a package and keeps the elastics and other seams in the back of the shoe from rubbing your heel.

In other projects the very first project I started, a tote bag, is still  in progress.  It was going pretty well until I realized the strap I made was too short so I have given up on that project for a while until I learn how to better read patterns.  I'll get back to it eventually.

Well that's it for now, I'll continue to keep you updated on all my fantastic projects! Much love!

1 comment:

  1. You are a sewing MANIAC!!! I'm so proud! I made Daisy and Bella matching beds out of that black and white material and lined it with red! I LOVE that combo!

    ReplyDelete